Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding Bonnet

I will be the first to tell you that I have a lot to learn. One of my greatest weaknesses is artistic flair. It is because of this that I find bonnets to be a great challenge for me. I used a friends 3 piece bonnet pattern to create the wire and buckram frame. I covered the frame in 100% cotton wadding. The bonnet was then covered in a silk stain of an ivory colour and then covered in sillk organza from my wedding dress. I ruched and ruffled the organza in the inside of the brim. The decorations are waxed orange blossoms and ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment